The Abbey Grange day has 5 periods adding up to a 25 period week. The school day begins at 8.25am, and ends at 3.00pm. The pattern of the day is:
- 8am: Gates Open - students should go to the dining hall, courtyard, tennis courts of playground where staff will be on duty
- 8.25am: Gates Close
- 8:30am - 8:50am: Morning Registration and Form Time - Students will be marked late at 8.30am.
- 8.50am - 9.50am: Period 1 for All Students
- 9:50am - 10:50am: Period 2 for All Students
- 10.50am -11.15am: Break for All Students
- 11.15am -12.15pm: Period 3 for All Students
- 12.15pm - 1.15pm: Period 4 for All Students
- 1.15pm - 2.00pm: Lunch
- 2.00pm - 3.00pm: Period 5 for All Students
Students are required in school from 8.30am until 3pm which is 32.5 hours in a typical week.
It is worth noting that the school is physically open for students from 8.00am until 4pm although some clubs and fixtures can run until 5 or 6pm. This means the academy can often be open to students for 45 hours.
There are over 75 lunchtime and after school clubs running throughout the year - Enrichment & Extracurricular Activities.